Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Salai Nay Lynn Htun Interview

Salai Nay Lynn Htun

PCCF: What is your name? Your native village, town, State?
NLT: I am Salai Nay Lynn Htun from Matupi, chin state.
PCCF: Your Parent name and work?
NLT: U Dawt Thang and Daw Maina. My dad is a police man and my mom is a good housewife.
PCCF: Before coming to Philippines, what ministry that you did in Myanmar?
NLT: Before I came here, I served in Chin Baptist Church as a Choir leader.
PCCF: Where are studying and course? Why? Among your brothers, anyone study Music?
NLT: I am studying here in Asian institute for Liturgy and Music, bachelor in Church Music. I believe that God sent me here. Before I came here, I have no idea about the school. I just wanted to study Music. Especially Myanmar people, when we think of Music more on band music. But our school focuses more on church music such as choir singing and how to set our traditional tune or folk song into liturgical music. We are doing Asian music more than western music. In my family, I am the only one who studies music.
PCCF: Do you have any sponsor? Your experiences in Philippines’ in term joy and hardship?
NLT : I got scholarship from UCM (Union Church of Manila) just for the tuition fees. The rest are from my family and myself. By the Grace of God, I am able to handle two choirs in two churches (UCCP). I play piano, teach choir and conduct. So I got paid. Within four years His grace is sufficient for me.
PCCF: What are your feelings in after recital exercise?
NLT: After my recital? I feel great! Because I was able to perform well all my compositions. By the way, I am taking composition and conducting major. I composed a lot of songs in Myanmar, Chin and Shan traditional style. All my professor are happy with my work during my recital.
PCCF: After graduation what are you going to do? Are you going to involve in Ministry?
NLT I will be going home after my graduation. Definitely, I will be serving in my mother church (CBC) and if I get invitation from any seminary or Bible school, I would like to share my knowledge.
PCCF: Are you interested to play and establish or form in Band?
NLT: Actually, I am not good in band playing. I am just helping here because nobody else is here. I will be focusing more on Choir and contextualizing our music.
PCCF: What is your vision and mission for Myanmar especially in Music ministry?
NLT: I will be writing Choral music, Myanmar hymn with Myanmar tune (not western tune) and raising the standard of Myanmar choir till it reach to the international level.
PCCF: Do you have anything to say to your friends in Philippines (Myanmar?)
NLT: Don’t feel discourage with how hard is your situation right now. Think again, how hard you had tried to be able to reach Philippines. Reaching Philippines is not our goal; it is just a starting point to reach our goal.
PCCF: By the way do you have girl friend? What is your Plan?
NLT: I don’t have girl friend yet. Since before I came here I already shut my heart for four years but going to open it soon!!!ha ha ha!!!What is my plan? Sorry it’s not my plan, its God’s plan.
PCCF: Thanks for your time.
NLT: Thank you so much. God bless PCCF.

No comments: